2022 ISIE – Call for Competition Proposals
The ISIE 2022 Organizing Committee solicits student proposals for competition themes involving practical demo projects in areas of relevance for IEEE Industrial Electronics Society. The competition will take place during the conference in Anchorage, Alaska, USA, June 1-3, 2022. Because of the hybrid nature of the conference, the proposals should have solid plans for a virtual organization, also accommodating different time zones. The proposed competition themes should address novel research challenges and involve practical demos using cutting-edge technologies in the related research area.
Proposals (not to exceed 2 pages) must include:
- A brief description of the competition theme, and why the competition theme is of relevance for industrial electronics and the IES community;
- Competition rules, detailed assessment and evaluation plans for the demo implementation, with metrics;
- Suggested schedule and duration;
- List of possible participant teams (Letters of intent from a minimum of 3 confirmed teams at the time of proposal submission);
- Virtual implementation plans, also accommodating different time zones;
- Any specific requirements for the competition, and plans for the management of the competition;
- Names, contact information, and CVs of the competition organizers, describing experience in organizing previous competitions, workshops, etc., if any.
All submissions will undergo a review process performed by the Organizing Committee. The selection criteria will be based upon the technical significance of the theme, its relevance to the IES and creativity, as well as the quality of evaluation plans, and sustainability of the activity for future IES conferences. The proposers of the accepted proposals are expected to help the IES Organizing Committee in the publicity and management of the competition.
There will be awards and certificates for the winning proposals and competitors.
Proposal submission deadline: November 15, 2021
Proposal acceptance notification: December 1, 2021
Letter of participation from competitors: March 15, 2022