Congratulations to Kamal Al-Haddad, elected as IEEE Division VI Director!
On October 8, 2021, Kamal Al-Haddad has been elected as IEEE Division VI Director (Education, IES, PSE, PCS, RS, SSIT, TEMS)
Prof. Al-Haddad is a prominent member of our IES society, for being IEEE IES President from 2016 to 2017, an Associate Editor of the IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, and an IES Distinguished Lecturer. He also was a recipient of the 2014 IEEE IES Dr.-Ing. Eugene Mittelmann Achievement Award.
Kamal Al-Haddad received the B.Sc.A. and M.Sc.A. degrees from the University of Québec, Canada, in 1982 and 1984, and the Ph.D. degree from the Institut National Polytechnique, France, in 1988. Since June 1990, he has been a Professor with École de Technologie Supérieure (ETS), Montreal, where he has been the holder of the senior Canada Research Chair in Electric Energy Conversion and Power Electronics since 2002. He has supervised more than 180 Ph.D. and M.Sc.A. students and established solid link with Canadian industries working in the field of Industrial electronics. He has coauthored more than 760 transactions and conference papers. He is a fellow member of the Canadian Academy of Engineering. He was IEEE IES President 2016- 2017, IES Distinguished Lecturer, and recipient of the 2014 IEEE IES Dr.-Ing. Eugene Mittelmann Achievement Award. Prof. Al-Haddad is a member of the Academy of Sciences and Fellow of the Royal Society of Canada.
IEEE Accomplishments and Activities
- General Co-Chair, 2021 IEEE Industrial Electronics Conference, Toronto, Canada
- General Co-Chair, 2018 IEEE Industrial Electronics Conference, Washington, DC, USA
- Member of IEEE Education Society Fellow Committee (2016-2020)
- Member of IEEE Power Medal Award (2017-2020)
- President, IEEE Industrial Electronics Society (2016-2018)
- General Co-Chair, 2017 IEEE Industrial Electronics Conference, Beijing
- Associate Editor, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics (2010- 2017)
- Honorary Chair, 2016 IEEE Industrial Electronics Conference, Florence, Italy 33
- President-Elect, IEEE Industrial Electronics Society (2014-2015)
- Vice President, Technical Activities, IEEE Industrial Electronics Society (2010-2014)
- Vice President, Publications, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics (2008-2010)
- Distinguished Lecturer, IEEE Industrial Electronics Society (2010-present)
- Associate Editor, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics (2006- 2010)
- General Chair, 2016 IEEE International Symposium on Industrial Electronics, Montreal
- Technical Program Chair, 2004 IEEE International Conference on Industrial Technology, Tunisia
- Active Member of IEEE IES, IAS, PELS, and IEEE Education Societies
About the Technical Division VI
The IEEE Societies are clustered within ten Technical Divisions, each represented on the IEEE Board of Directors by a Division Delegate/Director who serves a two‑year term. On October 8, 2021, the Division Delegate/Director has been elected by the voting members of the Division from a slate nominated by the Divisional Committee or nominated by petition.
Division VI consists of :
- IEEE Education Society (ES)
- IEEE Industrial Electronics Society (IES)
- IEEE Product Safety Engineering Society (PSES)
- IEEE Professional Communication Society (PCS)
- IEEE Reliability Society (RS)
- IEEE Society on Social Implications of Technology (SSITS)
- IEEE Technology and Engineering Management Society (TEMS)