Call for Nominations for open Editor Positions – 5 May 2023
The IEEE Industrial Electronics Society (IES) invites nominations for the position of co-Editor-in-Chief for the following journals:
IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics (TIE)
IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics (TII)
IEEE Open Journal of the Industrial Electronics Society (OJIES)
(see below open positions and requirements).
Nominations should be sent to IES Vice-President for Publications, Thilo Sauter, firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 5 May 2023.
Self-nomination is permitted.
Co-Editor-in-Chief of TII (Transactions on Industrial Informatics)
Three open positions, three-year term starting 1 January 2024
The IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics is a flagship journal of the IES, bridging the gap between theory and application practice of informatics in industrial environments. For further information, please consult http://www.ieee-ies.org/pubs/transactions-on-industrial-informatics.
Specific Criteria for Nominees:
- Demonstrated competence in at least one of the topical areas of TII;
Co-Editor-in-Chief of TIE (Transactions on Industrial Electronics)
Three open positions for different areas, three-year term starting 1 January 2024
The IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics is a flagship journal of the IES publishing papers with experimentally verified applications of electronics, controls, instrumentation, and computation for the enhancement of industrial systems and processes. For further information, please consult http://www.ieee-ies.org/pubs/transactions-on-industrial-electronics.
Specific Criteria for Nominees, Position 1:
- Demonstrated competence in the area of ‘single-phase electronics’, with further experience and ability to handle papers in one or more of the of the following areas: ‘multi-phase systems’, ‘machines and drives’, and ‘renewable energy systems’;
Specific Criteria for Nominees, Positions 2 and 3:
- Demonstrated competence in at least one of the areas of ‘control and signal processing’, ‘diagnosis and monitoring’ and ‘robotics and mechatronics’ with further experience and ability to handle papers in the area of ‘embedded systems’;
Co-Editor-in-Chief of OJIES (Open Journal of the Industrial Electronics Society)
Three-year term starting 1 January 2024
The IEEE Open Journal of the Industrial Electronics Society is a new, full open access journal with a wide scope that encloses the complete field of interest of the IES. For further information, please consult http://www.ieee-ies.org/pubs/ojies.
Specific Criteria for Nominees:
- Demonstrated competence in at least one of the topical areas of OJIES;
General Criteria for Nominees (for all positions):
- Demonstrated very high scientific reputation (very good publication record);
- Demonstrated editorial experience as EiC, co-EiC, Senior Editor, Associate Editor or Guest Editor;
- Prior experience with the respective journal as an author, reviewer, and/or editor;
- Be a member of IES;
- Be an IEEE Fellow;
- Other required qualifications include high ethical standards, leadership experience, and management skills.
Requirements for Nominations (for all positions):
- A brief IEEE-style biography (up to 250 words) of the nominee;
- A complete CV and list of publications of the nominee;
- A brief statement from the nominator on nominee’s qualification and how the nominee meets the criteria listed above.