On behalf of the SDEMPED 2021 Organizing Committee, we would like to welcome you to Dallas TX, for the 13th edition of the IEEE International Symposium on Diagnostics for Electric Machines, Power Electronics and Drives 2021.
This is the 24th year since the first SDEMPED was established as the only international symposium entirely devoted to the diagnostics of electrical machines, power electronics and drives. SDEMPED is now a regular biennial event. Since it was created in 1997 by Professors Gérard-André Capolino and Professor Giuseppe Buja, very successful editions have been held during the past 10 years in Cargèse (France) in 2009, Bologna (Italy) in 2011, Valencia (Spain) in 2013, Guarda (Portugal) in 2015, Tinos (Greece) in 2017, and Toulouse (France) in 2019. For this edition, SDEMPED 2021 obtained the co-sponsorship of the IEEE Power Electronics Society, the IEEE Industry Applications Society and the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society.
This year SDEMPED will be held in Dallas (Grapevine Area). Dallas area is a major international hub for high tech industry. The metropolitan area is house to several S&P 500 industries and hundreds of medium and small businesses. Step back in time in historic downtown Grapevine with its collection of charming shops, restaurants, and art galleries. Enjoy fantastic hotels and resorts, great attractions for the entire family, exquisite winery tasting rooms, world-class festivals and events, shopping, outstanding dining at over 200 restaurants, a wide variety of outdoor recreational activities and more. We believe you will enjoy every hour of this event here.
The topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
ELECTRIC MACHINES and DRIVES
- Fault diagnosis and condition monitoring of electrical machines and drive systems
- Electrical, mechanical and thermal models for machine reliability and fault analysis
- Fault tolerant electric machines, drives and control schemes
- Advances in reliability of materials & insulators for electric machines, drive systems and components
POWER ELECTRONICS and COMPONENTS
- Reliability assessment and condition monitoring of Si and WBG power devices, passive components and batteries
- Failure mechanism and modes, identification of fault precursors, and accelerated aging techniques
- Lifetime modelling and RUL estimation tools
- IoT solutions, sensor data transfer and on-chip/cloud data processing, data analytics and information fusion
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning assisted solutions for fault detection, diagnosis and prognosis
- System/parameter identification tools, signal processing techniques, observers…
SYSTEMS & APPLICATIONS
- Reliability and condition monitoring advancements in various applications: Transportation, grid-tied systems, renewable energy systems, robotics etc.
- All Submissions Open: October 1, 2020
- Tutorial and Special Session Proposal: Deadline: January 15, 2021
- Manuscripts Submission Deadline: March 1, 2021
- Final Acceptance Notification: April 30, 2021
- Final Draft Submissions: June 1, 2021