For the third time in 70 years, our Industrial Electronics Society AdCom happened online during the week-end of 12th and 13th of June. With a record of around 100 persons attending, our Administration Committee hits its stride.
During two half days (that were actually nights for some of our courageous attendees), many presentations and exciting news and initiatives were brought, and among them:
- The different IES Multimedia contents and venues were presented, as well as a promotion video for the IES 70th anniversary (coming soon here on our ITeN website!) and future projects that are being prepared by the Multimedia committee.
- Our President, Terry Martin, presented a motion to join Empower a billion lives. Launched in 2018, this IEEE PELS initiative is a recurring global competition for teams to develop and demonstrate solutions to energy access, and to articulate business models for scaling these solutions.
- IECON 2021 is going virtual. The 47th Annual Conference of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society will now be held completely online allowing more participation from around the globe without need to travel.
- Milos Manic, treasurer of our Finance Committee, shared the IES strategic vision by 2030 and proposed different investments for IES modernization and growth.
- Yousef Ibrahim, our VP Membership presented a motion to further engage and energize the Student Branch Chapters. Due to the rapid increase from 11 to 42 in a 4-years, the Membership/Chapters committees recommended to establish a new annual technical competition with three prizes and certificates for the top three winners in addition to publicity in IES news and magazine.