By Morgan Kiani – Chair of the Committee
IES Resource Center will soon offer Educational Credits
Multimedia Standing Committee is offering the following opportunities that will benefit IES Resource Center and IES Society:
We will soon add the standard pricing of $0 for society members, $11 for IEEE members and $15 for non-members to the IES products (all the webinars) on the IES Resource Center. These are the approved general price/cost across IEEE societies.
Educational credits are soon to be offered with Resource Center products that are educational in nature. These are the same types of credits offered by IEEE Educational Activities:
- PDH – Professional Development Hour (1 PDH per 1 hour of technical education)
- To earn a PDH, user must purchase a webinar ($0 for society members, $11 for IEEE members and $15 for non-members) and complete an evaluation or a technical quiz.
- CEU – Continuing Education Credit (0.1 CEU per 1 hour of technical education)
- To earn a CEU (starting from IECON 2023), user must purchase a webinar ($0 for society members, $11 for IEEE members and $15 for non-members) and complete a technical quiz submitted by the presenter. 80% correct answers is a passing grade and the user will be given 3 attempts to pass.
- Quizzes are administered through the IEEE Resource Center automatically and the PDH and CEU certificates are automatically emailed to those who pass the evaluation.
Multimedia Vision: A continuous Learning Platform
Multimedia Standing Committee has planned to include online short courses by invitation in near future to create a continuous stream of knowledge in cutting edge areas of technology and science for IES members in industry and academia. The goal of this new initiative is to deliver the most important learning opportunities to the most interested audience in the most efficient and convenient fashion. It is our belief that the future of education is rooted in creating efficient connections between the educators and students. The vision of the multimedia committee is based on participation from industrial and academic leaders so that a harmonious set of contents is available to IES members throughout the year. This continuous platform will promote our goals of quality education in a diverse, equal, and inclusive format across the globe.
Our Mission: Enhance Education within IES
The multimedia standing committee in IEEE Industrial Electronics Society (IES) was conceptualized as a vehicle to enhance the educational mission of the IES. The underlying goal of this committee is to foster new links between practicing engineers, graduate students, academic and industrial leaders in the technical areas covered by IEEE-IES. With this mission in mind, starting in 2020, the multimedia committee started to provide multiple venues to collect and publish topics related to state-of-the-art in online and offline formats. In addition to distinguished and frontier lecture presentations, selected keynote, and tutorial presentations at major conferences such as IECON, ISIE, and ICIT. Society level online webinars supported by various technical committees were also made available to all members of the IEEE-IES and beyond.
The posted contents can be found at:
- IES resource center (https://resourcecenter.ies.ieee.org/)
- IES Channel in IEEE.tv (https://ieeetv.ieee.org/channels/ies)
- IES YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/@ieee-ies)
For more information about the Multimedia Standing Committee, please visit: https://www.ieee-ies.org/news/multimedia