The 18th WFCS will take place (virtually) in Pavia, Italy, from 27 to 29 April 2022.
The conference, supported by IEEE and IES and led by the Technical Committee on Factory Automation, will be virtually hosted by the University of Pavia in collaboration with the Institute Industrial IT (inIT) of the Technische Hochschule OWL in Lemgo, Germany: due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, the event will be completely online.
The 18th edition of WFCS will focus on all forms of communication supporting automation within factories and in other contexts, especially considering recent developments. WFCS is the largest IEEE conference that is especially dedicated to communication for (industrial) automation systems and aims to provide a forum for researchers, developers and practitioners to review and discuss recent trends in the area and share innovative research directions.
- Communication Systems and Technologies;
- Protocols and Standards for Networked Embedded and Cyber-Physical Systems;
- Real-time, Safety, Security and Maintenance of Automation Systems and Networks;
- Applying Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning to enhance and Communication Technologies for Industry 4.0;
- Low-power and Green Communication in Industry;
- Recent advances in research domains with similar communication requirements.
CALL FOR PAPERS
- Regular and Special Session Papers: up to 8 double-column pages, following the IEEE conference template.
- Work-in-Progress (WiP) Papers: up to 4 double-column pages, following the IEEE conference template.
All accepted regular, special session, and WiP papers that will be presented at the conference will be published in IEEE proceedings and will appear in IEEE Xplore.
Special session proposals:
- Deadline: December 17th, 2021
- Notifications: December 21st, 2021
Regular and special session submissions:
- Deadline: February 7th, 2022
- Notifications: March 1st, 2022
- Final versions: March 12th, 2022
Work in Progress submissions:
- Deadline: March 10th, 2022
- Notifications: March 25th, 2022
- Final versions: April 4th, 2022